2004 Northwestern University:
· Master of Science degree in Journalism
· Master’s degree in Musicology
· Dissertation: The Reception History of Beethoven as Influencing the Programmatic Elements of Berlioz’s Symphonie Fantastique
· Bachelor’s degree in Music and Sociology
· Pre-college degree in Oboe Performance
2008-present Freelance writer & Editor
· Articles appeared in Health magazine, Body & Soul magazine (a Martha Stewart publication), Chicago Tribune, Chicago magazine, Time Out New York Kids, New York Newsday, Chicago Parent magazine,
Chicago Sun-Times, Baltimore Sun, Natural Solutions magazine and Metromix, among others.
2005-Present Glamour Magazine Correspondent Chicago, IL
Report to the Conde
Glamour’s staff to find sources for articles.
2007-2008 Time Out
· Independently responsible for the wellness department of the magazine. Edit stories, hire freelancers, work with designers and photographers to put together weekly Chill Out section. Appeared on CBS News in January 2008 to discuss diet and exercise gadgets reported about in the magazine.
2005-2007 Post-Tribune Staff Writer
· Business reporter for daily newspaper with 73,000 Sunday circulation and 66,000 weekday circulation. Cover casinos, fuel, environment and the steel industry.
2007 ShopSmart Columnist
· Write weekly column that appeared in the Sunday business section of the Post-Tribune. Cover consumer issues ranging from lottery scams to travel issues.
2005-2007 Consumer Affairs Columnist
· Regular contributor to bi-weekly column appearing in the Chicago Sun-Times, Post-Tribune, Daily Southtown and Pioneer Press newspapers. Column resolves and explains consumer problems.
2007 Society of Professional Journalists
· Investigative journalism award for article about a man who may have been jailed for a crime he didn’t commit.
· Best business/ economic news coverage award for story about the apparent demise of refinery expansions.
2006 Lisagor award
· Consumer justice reporting finalist for “Fixer” column which appeared in the Post-Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, Pioneer Press and Daily Southtown.
2006 Society of Professional Journalists award
· Criminal justice reporting award for coverage of a domestic violence incident.